Hog on the Run

Monday, April 04, 2005

Damn you Firefox

You blanked all my bookmarks! Why? Why! Do you hate me? Did I have an inappropriate number of sites on my list? How will I ever find all of that rubbish stuff again? NOoooooooo.

Returning to the point.

I am not entirely convinced that I achieve full consciousness until quite late on in the day. Generally, I stumble around in a fog for several hours before the world around me resolves itself into a comprehensible whole. Mostly this does me little harm, although I have attempted to make coffee by adding fizzy water from the fridge to sugar and coffee granules. The major difficulty is that anyone who talks to me before, say, 10am seems to be uttering prophecies, or speaking in tongues. Things I have misheard this week:

"Fargle, the Binman cometh!"
("Remember, I'm playing badminton tonight.")

"Mixmag, has the cat gone?"
("Did you feed the cat?")

"Give it to Ahab, he'll return the pox forthwith."
("Give me the number, I'll fax it.")

I see two possibilities:
  1. I am channeling some long dead seer
  2. I need more coffee/my ears cleaned

2 Comments:

Did Ahab ever return the pox?
No. I got a fax from someone suggesting I play a hilarious prank on a soon to be ex-friend.

Post a Comment