Hog on the Run

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Acceptance

What I wrote:

Dear Mrs Smooze,
Thank you for your invitation to Cooty and Pooter's wedding.
We will be glad to accept, and look forward to joining you in celebrating the happy event.

Yours sincerely
Okapi


What I wish I wrote:

Dear Mrs Smooze,
Why did you send us an invitation to Cooty and Pooter's wedding? Thanks though, we'll be there with bells on. Or with nothing but a smile on, which'll make the photos more interesting.
I barely know Cooty, having only spoken to her with regards to cat-sitting, but I'm assuming she is a good soul, and that there will be at least one free drink on offer at the do. This is payback for the aforementioned cat-sitting.

I love you, Mrs Smooze, and cannot live any more without you. By the time you read this I'll be face down in a vat of spicy curry.

Yours sincerely,
Okapi
PS. We'll always have Paris xxx

1 Comments:

Nah, you are thinking of "spooky ooze". Easily confused, I'll give you that.

Post a Comment